The objectives of Astronomy & Astrophysics from Antarctica are to coordinate astronomical activities in Antarctica in a way that ensures the best possible outcomes from international investment in Antarctic astronomy, and maximizes the opportunities for productive interaction with other disciplines.
AAA aims to deliver:
- Quantitative assessments of the potential of each Antarctic plateau station to contribute to astronomy,
- Advances in the understanding of Antarctic meteorology, as it applies to astronomical observations,
- Improved coordination with atmospheric and ionospheric researchers,
- Papers in peer-reviewed journals,
- Properly archived data sets of site-testing data.
For further details see the AAA website.
AAA's activities as a Scientific Research Programme ended in 2018 and, at this point, AAA became an Expert Group directly under the SCAR Executive Committee.