AntClimNow Workshop 3rd circular:
*** limited in-person places remaining ***
Connecting Models and Observations of the Antarctic Climate System Across Timescales
28-30 September 2022, British Antarctic Survey
Invited speakers include Cécile Agosta, Joellen Russell and Étienne Vignon
This workshop will provide an opportunity to share and discuss advances in the combined use of climate models, observations, and reconstructions across timescales from short-term extreme events to longer-term climatological means. In addition to the physical atmosphere-ocean- ice components of the Antarctic climate system, the scope will extend to considering climate interactions with biological systems.
Specific topics for discussion will include:
- Challenges in evaluating model representation of extreme events.
- Improving process understanding by linking observations and models.
- Best practices for comparing point measurements with gridded datasets.
- Strengths and limitations of reanalysis datasets as tools for model evaluation.
- Applicants are welcome to suggest other topics for discussion.
Registration deadline: 4 September 2022 (17:00 UTC). In person registrations may need to close early if venue capacity is reached before this date.