The deadline for session proposals for the 13th International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Science (ISAES 2019) has been extended to 15 December 2018.
XIII ISAES 2019 will be held from 22-26 July 2019, at the Songdo Convensia in Incheon, Republic of Korea. The symposium aims to bring together Antarctic earth scientists from different areas in order to gather and highlight their outstanding expertise and ideas.
Major themes of the symposium include:
- Continental evolution of Antarctica
- Antarctic solid earth structure and interactions with the cryosphere
- Past and present permafrost changes in Antarctica
- Glacial history of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean
- Antarctic surface processes and landscape
- Changes in the Southern Ocean
- Climate change in the 21st century
- Antarctica and the evolution of life
- Remote sensing and satellite imagery
- General Antarctic earth sciences
Each session will consist of 6-7 oral presentations lasting for 20 minutes (including Q&A session).
Session proposals should follow the format given below. Proposals will be considered on their scientific merits and the significance of their respective themes. They will then be incorporated into the final program. Ten themes are proposed but session proposals with different themes may also be accepted.
Format for Proposals:
- Title of the session and corresponding theme
- Name of convener/co-convener (affiliation and email)
- Session description (max. 200 words)
- List of invited speakers and potential presenters