Please note that while the ISPS Secretariat look forward to holding the symposium in Incheon, they may have to move it online depending on the developments surrounding COVID-19, with a final decision to be announced in June.
With "Responding to Climate Crisis: Contributions of Polar Science and Technology” as its overarching theme, the symposium invites papers that examine:
- Polar climate science in the context of global climate crisis;
- Cryosphere evolution and sea-level change;
- Sea ice and polar oceans in rapid transition;
- A paleoclimate perspective on climatic and environmental extremes;
- Integrated study of subglacial Antarctic lake ecosystems; and
- Technological advances enabling new polar science.
Abstracts will be accepted for oral and poster presentations, and all submissions must be in English. Important dates are as follows:
- Abstract Submission: April 12 - May 23, 2021
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: June 2021