Early-career Fellowships enable early-career researchers to join a project team from another country, opening up new opportunities and often creating partnerships that last many years and over many Antarctic research seasons.
- Eligibility: Current PhD researchers or within 5 years of finishing a PhD, visiting a facility in or run by a SCAR member country, whose research contributes to SCAR's objectives as embodied in the Science Groups and Scientific Research Programmes.
- How to apply
The Visiting Scholar Awards are directed at researchers and academics whose work contributes to the research objectives of SCAR, offering the opportunity for them to undertake a short-term visit to another SCAR member country to provide training and mentoring. Two additional Scholarships are available in 2019 thanks to support from India and Switezerland.
- Eligibility: The scheme is for any scientists and academics (more than five years after completing their PhD), whose research contributes to SCAR's objectives as embodied in the Science Groups and Scientific Research Programmes.
- How to apply
SCAR aims to recognize members of the community who have outstanding records of achievement in the areas of research and service by awarding SCAR Medals. Medals are awarded biennially at the SCAR Open Science Conferences.
- Medal for Excellence in Antarctic Research
- Medal for International Coordination
- Medal for Education and Communication