Earth Observation Action Group (EOAG) 2018-2020 Report
Action Group of the Physical Sciences Group
Report Author(s): Anna E. Hogg (UK)
Summary of activities from 2018-20
There has been quite a bit of activity within the EOAG to report on over the past two-year period. This report contains a brief summary of work that’s been done, challenges faced, and upcoming activities.
- Presented at the Polar Space Task Group (PSTG) meeting in Geneva.
- The SCAR EOAG was announced to the polar science community during an invited talk at the West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) meeting.
- The EOAG was represented in an ESA-NASA discussion meeting at the ESA Living Planet Symposium (LPS) about the possibility of synchronising the orbits of CryoSat-2 and ICESat-2, in order to better understand the difference between radar and laser altimetry.
- Named a new ‘Earth observation Range’ of glaciers in Antarctica.
- Convened a Remote sensing of the cryosphere session at the SCAR Hobart meeting.