Registration deadline - 8th August
Late booking and final deadline - 21st August
Abstract submission deadline – 8th August
This meeting is a ‘call to action’ to form an alliance to improve warnings of the proximity of catastrophic climate tipping points and to accelerate positive tipping points to avert the climate crisis. Speakers will be from academia, industry, government, and Third Sectors. Co-convened by Johan Rockström, Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and Tim Lenton, Director of Global Systems Institute, additional Chairs include Justin Rowlatt, Gaia Vince, and Oliver Morton. Speakers confirmed include Speakers include W. Brian Arthur, Santa Fe Institute, Patricia Pinho, Amazon Environmental Research Institute (IPAM) and Keywan Riahi, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). Over three days participants will go on a journey from facing up to the risks from climate change tipping points to being empowered by the opportunities in triggering positive social tipping points. Please have a look at the latest programme for further information on the speakers, workshops and plenaries.
Key themes are:
• Climate tipping points risks and how to manage them
• Interacting tipping points across climate, ecological and social systems
• Identifying positive tipping points across sectors and societies
• How to trigger positive tipping points
Additional themes include:
• How to advance modelling of climate tipping points?
• How to prepare for scenarios in which tipping point impacts threaten the transition?
• Positive Tipping Points in Coal and Carbon Intensive Regions
• What are the levers for positive tipping points in the food system?
We hope you will join us for three intensive, creative, and rewarding days involve ‘state-of-the-art’ plenaries and workshops to advance the research and action agendas.