The Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI) and the National Committee for Antarctic Research, CONAPA have published a Ten-Year Plan for Antarctic Science in Brazil (2023–2032).
The overarching objective of the Ten-Year Plan (2023–2032) is to consistently promote excellent scientific research in the Antarctic region and on its connections with the Atlantic Ocean, South America, and the Arctic. This objective will be achieved through actions oriented towards specific objectives and expected results for seven thematic programs:
- Expanding Brazilian leadership in international Antarctic forums;
- Offer scientific advice for public policies and for society;
- Promote the communication and dissemination of scientific knowledge about the polar regions;
- Promote scientific training on polar themes;
- Promote institutional articulation by strengthening and expanding partnerships;
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in Antarctic Science.
- Continuous improvement of the management of national polar research.