From Monday 27 September 2021
To Wednesday 29 September 2021
Hits : 227
The Korea Polar Research Institute will hold the 26th International Symposium on Polar Sciences (ISPS2021) in September 2021. While the plan is currently to hold it in Incheon, it may need to be moved online depending on the developments around COVID-19. A final decision will be announced in June.
The symposium aims to bring together polar scientists and engineers with diverse background to share their research findings and explore further research opportunities at the international level. With “Responding to Climate Crisis” as its overarching theme, ISPS2021 invites researchers to discuss how polar science and technology can contribute to our understanding of climate change.
- Polar climate science in the context of global climate crisis
- Cryosphere evolution and sea-level change
- Sea ice and polar oceans in rapid transition
- A paleoclimate perspective on climatic and environmental extremes
- Integrated study of subglacial Antarctic lake ecosystems
- Technological advances enabling new polar science
Abstract submission will be open on the Symposium website
from 12 April to 9 May 2021. Notifications of abstract acceptance will be sent out in June. Registration will be available from June 2021.
Location : Incheon, Korea, or Online