WAIS Workshop 2020 Virtual Science Sessions will take place via Zoom during the weeks of September 21 and September 28. Each week, participants will be organized into groups of <15 participants, with up to 10 speakers who each give an 8 minute talk. Talks will be followed by a WAIS-style 20-minute discussion moderated by a session convener. The goal is that most participants will attend and present in two ~100-minute sessions scheduled at the convenience of the session participants during the designated week. All sessions will be recorded and posted on YouTube for future community consumption.
Please register and submit your abstract by 28 August 2020 via our Google Form.
Topics for virtual sessions include:
* Snow/firn/surface-mass balance
* Grounding zones and ice shelves
* Past records of changes and processes
* Oceanography and marine biology
* Science communication and outreach
* Subglacial environments, processes, and lifeforms
* Leading edge (new technology, modern methods, and data science)
And don't forget to mark your calendars for WAIS community discussions covering race and racism in West Antarctic research and early-career impacts of CoViD-19 on October 6 and 7. More information about registration and discussion details will be announced in the coming weeks.
For full details, please visit the WAIS Workshop website.