The conference is hosted by International Permafrost Association (IPA) and covers all aspects of frozen ground - both permafrost and seasonal frost -, and its related natural and technological topics. The proposed sessions are as listed below.
1. Periglacial Geomorphology
2. Ground ice dynamics
3. Mountain permafrost and geohazards
4. Permafrost eco-hydrology
5. Permafrost mapping and techniques
6. Climate change and the carbon balance in permafrost
7. Frozen ground physics
8. Frozen ground engineering
9. Asian frozen ground
11. Extrazonal permafrost and seasonal frost
12. Living and working on frozen ground: cultural and historical significance of permafrost
13. Outreach/education, history
Also we will offer options of pre- and post-conference field excursions as follows (dependant on the numbers of participants).
1. Daisetsu Mountains, Japan
2. Artificially frozen ground sites, Tokyo and Fukushima-daiichi nuclear power plant
4. Kamchatka Peninsula
5. Northeast China
6. Mt Fuji, Japan
For more details, please visit the conference website.
Registration and abstract submission are open until the end of December 2016.