8 March 2017:
Early career scientists, including Masters and PhD students, can apply for a 30% discount in registration fees for the 2017 Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes (FRISP) meeting before 15 March 2017. The meeting will be held in Bergen, Norway from 19 to 22 June 2017. The final deadline for registration is 10 April.
Registration is now open here.
The FRISP 2017 meeting is an opportunity for scientists working on ice shelf processes to meet in an informal setting and to exchange ideas, results and field plans.
Presentations at the FRISP 2017 meeting are welcome on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
• formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
• response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability
• surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves
• ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
• mass transport across the grounding line
• ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords
• impact of ice shelves on the global ocean
• processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines
• climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves
• iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay
More details of the meeting are provided here.